toledo (24) cleveland (14) ohio (14) columbus (5)

Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Libertarian Party in Ohio

Is there a party that still actually believes in small government? No, it's not the Republicans. The GOP is nothing but empty rhetoric as far as that goes. From what I've heard of some tea party folks, it doesn't sound like them either. The Libertarian Party seems to be the only political party that actually meets that description.

They are running in a lot of races in my state this year and are hoping to at least make some kind of impact. If there was any political party that at least somewhat has principles, it would probably be this one. However, there is still no hope at all for trying to work within government. To be honest, I have absolutely no desire to participate in democracy. Even with libertarians in charge, it would still be an immoral system, in my opinion.

Having said that, from time to time I still might contribute a small amount of cash to a politician who upsets our wretched political establishment. For example, a couple years ago I gave $50 to Ron Paul's campaign for president. That is about the most I will ever do. It was only because the powers that be really do fear someone like him gaining more influence.

Ultimately, I consider myself to be some kind of an anarchist. I've read about anarcho-capitalism and the anti-property anti-capitalist variety. There have been some big arguments between the two, but they would both be better than what we have now. As long as people are allowed to live voluntarily, I don't see a problem with either one.

No comments: