toledo (24) cleveland (14) ohio (14) columbus (5)

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hudson foundation awards grants

Here is news of another non-profit giving out money to the community. However, I would take a close look to where it is going in this case. Their list of recipients is a cause of concern for me. This is why I always try to find out where they get their money and where it goes before I donate.

In this case, it looks like local governments are getting quite a bit of the money. I would personally never want to deal with a charity that gives or gets money to the government. The whole reason I give money to people is to help those who otherwise wouldn't be able to get it.

Most governments already get plenty in taxes as far as I'm concerned. They don't deserve to get even more of my money than what they get now. From what I can tell, most community foundations like this deal with the government both ways quite a bit. Therefore, I will avoid them like the plague.

No comments: