toledo (24) cleveland (14) ohio (14) columbus (5)

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

ISOH/IMPACT

This is my favorite local charity. They are located right down the street from my house and spend $.97 out of ever dollar on the people they help. This is huge, and I would highly recommend that everyone look into them. They do a lot of disaster relief all over the world.

Their mission statement:
to Reach Out & Serve Others in the name of Christ through disaster relief and development projects at home, across the United States, and around world.
This may turn off some critics of religion. But, from what I can tell, they really do help a lot of people and are well known in the Toledo area. That is more important to me than what religion they are. I am a huge believer in Charity and giving back what you can to the community. A lot of people are hurting out there, and the more I can help the better. Take a look at their page and please donate if you can.

My only rule is that I try to find out whether the charity takes money from the government. If they do, like the Red Cross and others, they will never get a dime from me. Otherwise, I only donate to small charities or individuals in need.

No comments: